Southern Sun 9th September 2012
Created By: Created On: Number of Posts:
Andrew 05/01/2012 55
To post a reply you need to be a registered user and logged in.
First
Previous
1 2 3 4 5
Title: Looking for fellow Trekkers....

Hi,

Just booked on to the Southern Sun NY-LA 9th-29th September 2012.

This will be my first solo Trek abroad....anybody else on this tour?

Andrew

Title: re: Looking for fellow Trekkers....

Hi,

Just booked on to the Southern Sun NY-LA 9th-29th September 2012.

This will be my first solo Trek abroad....anybody else on this tour?

Andrew

Hey mate!

Hows it going?

I just booked on this trip this afternoon! Where abouts are you from mate?

Tom

Hey mate!

Hows it going?

I just booked on this trip this afternoon! Where abouts are you from mate?

Tom

Hello,

Nice one, good to know theres somebody else on the tour!

I'm from Derby, England - aged 22. U?

This your first trek?

Counting down the days.....

Andrew

Hello,

Nice one, good to know theres somebody else on the tour!

I'm from Derby, England - aged 22. U?

This your first trek?

Counting down the days.....

Andrew

Hey Andrew and Tom

How are you both?

I'm booked onto this trek also, I too am travelling solo

It's good to find fellow trekkers, I'm really looking forward to the Southern Sun trek, roll on September!!

Just got to book my flights now

I'm from the UK, I live in Norwich

Rob

Hey Andrew and Tom

How are you both?

I'm booked onto this trek also, I too am travelling solo

It's good to find fellow trekkers, I'm really looking forward to the Southern Sun trek, roll on September!!

Just got to book my flights now

I'm from the UK, I live in Norwich

Rob

Haha! Yeah! I know theres about 11 of us so far as i asked the trek people, so hopefully we should have a buzzing forum soon! I think theres 5 blokes and 6 girls!

Yeahh I am pretty smashing thanks!

Cool! Nice to meet you both!

I am travelling solo too, I am 24 and I come from Bedford!

Nah the southern sun will be infact my third trek america trip! I did the Canada road trip last year and the northern trail the year before! So, you could say ive become a bit hooked! Its such a good way of seeing a country though!

So what do you guys do for a living?

Tom

Haha! Yeah! I know theres about 11 of us so far as i asked the trek people, so hopefully we should have a buzzing forum soon! I think theres 5 blokes and 6 girls!

Yeahh I am pretty smashing thanks!

Cool! Nice to meet you both!

I am travelling solo too, I am 24 and I come from Bedford!

Nah the southern sun will be infact my third trek america trip! I did the Canada road trip last year and the northern trail the year before! So, you could say ive become a bit hooked! Its such a good way of seeing a country though!

So what do you guys do for a living?

Tom

Trekaddict!

I'm an accountant (...i'll not bore you much more with that one!)

Booked all my flights but not accommodation yet....

I'm in New York for a full day before the Trek and LA for full day afterwards to see all the sights, chill, etc. Might even book on one of their Urban Adventures!

Anbody else got pre Trek plans and is everybody staying in the hotels recommended by Trek?

Andrew

Trekaddict!

I'm an accountant (...i'll not bore you much more with that one!)

Booked all my flights but not accommodation yet....

I'm in New York for a full day before the Trek and LA for full day afterwards to see all the sights, chill, etc. Might even book on one of their Urban Adventures!

Anbody else got pre Trek plans and is everybody staying in the hotels recommended by Trek?

Andrew

Haha! Yeah you could say that mate!

Thats cool mate! Nice job!

Cool mate! If your planing on going to new york mate, i reccomend staying in a hotel/hostel in manhattan (new york) rather than the gateway hotel, as its actually in another state - (new jersey). i found out this out last year when i did another trip.. i booked three nights in the gateway hotel and found that in order to get into new york i had to get buses, trains etc  it took over an hour (one way) to get in! Oviously the night before the trip staying in the gateway hotel is advisable as the trek starts at the crack of dawn!

Yeah Ive booked the gateway hotel for the night before the trip and ive booked a night at the LA one too after the trip. I am not doing any pre or post nights! Havent got the dosh! Shame really! New Yorks awesome! 

Andrew - i really reccomend you stay at the gateway hotels before the trip (in new york). Its just less stressfull mate, knowing the place your in is where the trek will start. I think it would be a real pain in the arse trying to get from new york to the gateway hotel at the crack of dawn when everyones going to work! 

I also reccomend taking the following items mate;

- Ear plugs

- a roll mat - trek america do provide them but they are old and they do pong abit!

- Head torch

- Microfibre towl - You dont really get a great deal of time to dry towels etc, so a quick drying microfibre towels are the ones to take

- Dont take too many clothes - Basically all of the  campsites have washing facilities so theres no real need to take three weeks worth of clothes!

Sorry for blabbering on mate, its just that when i did my first one 3 years ago the trek people didnt really give me any indication of what to expect, so ive almost made up my own trek equipment list!

Tom

Haha! Yeah you could say that mate!

Thats cool mate! Nice job!

Cool mate! If your planing on going to new york mate, i reccomend staying in a hotel/hostel in manhattan (new york) rather than the gateway hotel, as its actually in another state - (new jersey). i found out this out last year when i did another trip.. i booked three nights in the gateway hotel and found that in order to get into new york i had to get buses, trains etc  it took over an hour (one way) to get in! Oviously the night before the trip staying in the gateway hotel is advisable as the trek starts at the crack of dawn!

Yeah Ive booked the gateway hotel for the night before the trip and ive booked a night at the LA one too after the trip. I am not doing any pre or post nights! Havent got the dosh! Shame really! New Yorks awesome! 

Andrew - i really reccomend you stay at the gateway hotels before the trip (in new york). Its just less stressfull mate, knowing the place your in is where the trek will start. I think it would be a real pain in the arse trying to get from new york to the gateway hotel at the crack of dawn when everyones going to work! 

I also reccomend taking the following items mate;

- Ear plugs

- a roll mat - trek america do provide them but they are old and they do pong abit!

- Head torch

- Microfibre towl - You dont really get a great deal of time to dry towels etc, so a quick drying microfibre towels are the ones to take

- Dont take too many clothes - Basically all of the  campsites have washing facilities so theres no real need to take three weeks worth of clothes!

Sorry for blabbering on mate, its just that when i did my first one 3 years ago the trek people didnt really give me any indication of what to expect, so ive almost made up my own trek equipment list!

Tom

Hi Andrew, Tom and Rob!

I'm booked on this tour too with 3 others (my boyfriend Clive and our friends Beth and Trev) so we make up 4 of the tour!

We're staying in New York 1 night before heading to the gateway hotel the night before so looks like we've all got the same idea!

We're all really excited about it, it's our first trek so we're complete newbies!!

Amy

Title: Hello!

Hey All!

As Amy said, we make up 4 of the group and we're all complete trek newbies, so thanks for the tips Tom!

What's everyone looking forward to the most?

At the moment i'm just giddy that i'm going to New York, the rest hasn't really sunk in yet! Never been to America so am really excited.

Beth

Hi Andrew, Tom and Rob!

I'm booked on this tour too with 3 others (my boyfriend Clive and our friends Beth and Trev) so we make up 4 of the tour!

We're staying in New York 1 night before heading to the gateway hotel the night before so looks like we've all got the same idea!

We're all really excited about it, it's our first trek so we're complete newbies!!

Amy

Hey everyone

Well Tom I'm 25 and what I do for a living is I am an Ops tech on a fixed gas rig/installation in the Southern North Sea (not everyones cup of tea, but I enjoy it)

I've booked all my flights and accomodation, I'm flying into New York the day before the trek is due to start and I am staying an extra day in LA after the trek finishes, probably see a few more sights or just chill out somewhere...beach maybe!

I am just staying in the gateway hotels that Trek supply, pre and post trek.

Hi Amy, it's great to hear there are others booked on this trek, where are you all from?

Rob

First
Previous
1 2 3 4 5